After you have selected an Indiana personal injury attorney to represent you, there are some things you can do to make the handling of your case more effective and efficient. To ensure the working relationship between you and your attorney is effective and to avoid extra costs or wasted effort, it is an excellent idea to follow these basic rules.
As a personal injury client you should consider the following:
- Always be truthful concerning your legal issue, the facts of the case and all other details.
- Gather all of your related legal documents, accident reports, and medical bills to your meeting with your attorney.
- Bring a list of all names, addresses, and telephone numbers of witnesses or people involved with your case.
- Discuss the weaknesses and strengths of your case with your attorney.
- Discuss the potential outcomes of your case.
- Follow your attorney’s instructions at all times to avoid damaging your case.
- Ask your lawyer to keep you posted on the progress on your case.
- Ask your attorney to keep a file with all communications made on your behalf.
- If you do not understand something be sure to ask your attorney for clarification.
- Be patient
If you have been injured and the insurance company is not responding to your demands for fair compensation, call Indiana personal injury attorney Marc Sedwick. He is a former insurance adjuster and a former insurance defense attorney. His knowledge and experience will help you and your family obtain the fair compensation you deserve.